Portobello and Black Bean Quesadillas

I'm not sure what it is about this week but I've been on a vegetable kick. I was actually going to make this yesterday but I didn't get off of work until 4 PM and had ordered food from there. A pepperoni pizza with mushrooms and spicy peppers. It was amazingly heavy and I just didn't see the point in eating again after that.

This recipe comes from a Cooking Light magazine that I picked up over a year ago. I have made a couple of the recipes out of it but was always interested in trying this one.


Portobello and Black Bean Quesadillas
Recipe from Cooking Light

4 flour tortillas
canola cooking spray

2
portobello mushrooms, chopped
2 tablespoons
balsamic vinaigrette
1 cup
black beans, rinsed and drained
2 oz jar diced pimiento, drained
1 cup
pre-shredded mexican cheese blend
1/4 cup
green onions, thinly sliced
fresh cilantro, chopped and salsa for garnish

  • Stack tortillas; microwave at high for 1 minute. Leave in microwave to keep warm while preparing filling.
  • Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add vinaigrette, beans, and pimiento; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until liquid evaporates. Mash bean mixture slightly with a potato masher.
  • Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture onto each tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and onions. Fold tortillas in half.
  • Wipe skillet with paper towels; heat over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese melts. Repeat with remaining 2 quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Serve immediately with salsa and cilantro, if desired.


I absolutely love mushrooms, maybe that's why I've been eating them all week. I had purchased an extra package of portobello mushrooms just in case I needed to make extra of this dish. Luckily, it doesn't seem I'll be needing them so I get to use them for something else!



Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts