Pork Tenderloin Chops with Mushroom Cream Sauce


From time to time, I start to crave meals that my mom used to make when I still lived at home. One of the things that she would make was similar to this... pork chops with mushroom cream sauce. I don't have the exact recipe, but I know the essential items needed for the dish. In addition, I'll be using some of the lemon thyme from the garden, as well as capers.



 
Pork Tenderloin Chops with Mushroom Cream Sauce

6 pork tenderloin chops
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon capers, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon thyme, chopped
2 cups cream
1 cup white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste



  • Cut the pork tenderloin into 1/2 inch thick chops and season with salt.
  • In a large pan on medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon of butter and the olive oil. Add the chops to the pan. Cook them for about 5-7 minutes on each side. After it is done, remove the chops from the pan as well as the juices.
  • Add the rest of the butter and let it melt, add the mushrooms and caramelize them. Add in the garlic, capers and thyme and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove the mixture from the pan and place with the chops.
  • Now the pan should have some brown bits on the bottom, add the wine to deglaze. Add the cream and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer. The sauce should be done when it coats the back of a spoon. Add in the mushrooms and chops and let everything cook together for about 10 minutes.


I like to serve this on a bed of basmati rice, it's one of the more flavorful rices and my favorite. You can also serve it with any vegetables that you like, this time I went with sweet peas with dill. Timmy really enjoyed dinner, when he walked in he said "It smells so good in here". It makes me happy that he enjoys my cooking!


Enjoy!


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts