Egg Salad


I haven't made egg salad in a while so I figured that's what Timmy and I would have for lunch this week. I love my egg salad recipe, I can genuinely call it my own. The flavor combination of sriracha, curry powder and dill weed is wonderful. 

Egg Salad

6 eggs, medium to hard boiled
1/8-1/4 cup mayonnaise
1-2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 tablespoon dill weed {dried}
2 tablespoons sriracha
salt to taste

  • Add the eggs to a pot and fill with water. Bring the eggs to a rapid boil, about 5 minutes. Turn down the heat to medium and let sit for another 5 minutes. Run under cold water so that you can handle them for peeling.
  • Peel the eggs and with a fork, chop them up. Let the eggs cool for about 5 minutes. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.

{I like when the yolk is still a bit soft, it makes for a creamier salad}

bread
red onion, sliced
alfalfa, broccoli or daikon sprouts
lettuce

Because the salad already has mayonnaise in it, I just leave the bread dry. Put a couple of spoonfuls of the salad and spread it around. Place some onion slices, a nice mound of sprouts and some lettuce on top. Voilà... deliciousness!


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts