Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus, Portobello and Bacon

I had an interesting weekend. Tim and Chris went to visit their parents and brother, Nick, in Colorado for their moms birthday. Sadly, I had to work on Friday and Saturday so I did not get to join them. But they had a great time! They went on a hike, stopped by a distillery and had dinner with neighbors. While they were there, Dianne (mom) made spring rolls and rhubarb upside down cake... I absolutely love both of those. I was happy to get leftovers!

I personally like when Tim and I aren't always together, it makes us appreciate each other more. I was told how much I was missed over the weekend by him and his family. It's a great feeling to be loved.

Now on to dinner... since I had leftover portobello mushrooms as well as asparagus, I figured I would make a pasta with it. A frittata did come to mind though, but that seemed better for a weekend brunch. This also gave me a reason to make fresh pasta, which I love to do!  


Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus, Portobello and Bacon

1 lb fresh pasta, cooked
4 oz bacon
2 tablespoons butter
4 oz portobello mushrooms
6 oz asparagus
1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
alfredo sauce {recipe below}

  • In a large pan, cook the bacon. Remove it from the pan as well as some of the fat that's left over.
  • Add the butter and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until the mushrooms are nicely cooked. Add the asparagus and red pepper flakes and cook until the asparagus are slightly cooked, about 3 minutes.
  • Add the vegetable mixture to the sauce and pasta and mix thoroughly.
  • Sprinkle with the bacon once ready to serve so that it stays crunchy.


Alfredo Sauce:
Recipe adapted from Cooking at Home {William-Sonoma}

4 tablespoons butter
5-6 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup parmesan cheese

  • Place a large pan over medium-low heat and add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the garlic and turn the take off of the heat. Let the garlic absorb the butter so it doesn't burn. 
  • Return back to the heat and add the cream and salt, heat just until the mixture begins to bubble, and then simmer until slightly thickened, bout 5 minutes. 
  • Remove from the heat and add the cooked pasta and parmesan to the pan, tossing thoroughly to combine. Adjust the thickness of the sauce with some of the pasta cooking water, if needed, then serve right away.


I paired the pasta with a side salad. I went outside and picked the roma "grape" tomatoes from our garden. They are so sweet and delicious.


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts