Eggs Benedict

I haven't made this in a while so I figured since Chris was going to be in Scofield for the weekend I'd give it a go. He's not one who enjoys the flavor of hollandaise sauce. Lucky for Timmy and I! Traditionally, eggs benedict is served on an english muffin with a poached egg, canadian bacon and hollandaise sauce. I don't particularly love canadian bacon, so I'm just using regular. I would however be using english muffins, but we have a ton of leftover french bread loafs from when Timmy and Chris went out to Colorado last weekend. Instead, I'll be toasting those and using them as my base.


Eggs Benedict

canola cooking spray
4 eggs, poached
4-6 strips of bacon, cooked
french bread, split and toasted
hollandaise sauce
cayenne pepper, garnish

  • Bring water to a boil in a large shallow pan. The water should be enough to cover about 2/3 of the ramekin. 
  • Spray each ramekin with cooking spray and add an egg.
  • Reduce the heat to medium and add the ramekins, cover and cook for about 6-7 minutes until the egg white is set. 
  • Remove from the pan and let cool for about a minute.

Assembly:

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • Brush the bread with butter and toast until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
  • Cook the bacon {anyway you choose}.
  • Put 1-1 1/2 strips of bacon on each piece of toast.
  • Add the poached eggs.
  • Finish with the hollandaise sauce {depending on how much you like}.
  • Sprinkle the top with cayenne pepper.


I served this with my roasted potatoes. All of the flavors went well together!


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts