Italian Sausage Soup

Fall: the season of soups! I really love this soup too, it's got a bit of spice from the sausage. I would have loved some sourdough with this but I'm still working on developing my starter... oh well.


Italian Sausage Soup

1 lb hot italian sausage
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
15 oz can butter beans
15 oz can black beans
15 oz can diced tomatoes
4 cups beef stock

  • In a large pot cook the sausage over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked. Add the italian seasoning and mix together.
  • Drain and rinse the butter and black beans. Add them to the sausage mixture along with the tomatoes and beef stock.
  • Simmer until ready to serve.


I also made cream puffs filled with a creme chiboust (pastry cream with italian meringue). This is similar to some stuff we made in class today... a St. Honore Cake. It's a cake with a puff pastry base, piped with pate a choux -- creme chiboust piped on top after it's baked and topped with caramel dipped cream puffs. Maybe someday I'll make that when I have time, it's really delicious.



Ashley

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Danielle! I really appreciate the linking.

      Delete
  2. Came here from Pinterest. What a simple recipe! We're definitely trying this tonight. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a really great warm up dish in the winter time and it's better than chicken soup to cure a cold. We like it spicy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts