Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Classic Meatloaf

I can't say I've ever loved meatloaf, until now. Dianne made it one time for me and it was so great I decided to get the recipe from her. I love how basic it is too, just makes it that much easier to throw together if needed quickly!


Classic Meatloaf

1 1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cups bread, cubed
1/4 cup onions, chopped
2 teaspoons mustard

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix well until combined.
  • Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and put the mixture into it, shaping evenly.
  • Bake for 35-45 minutes. Take out of the oven and pour the fat off of it before spreading on the sauce {recipe below}. Once ready, spread the sauce over the top evenly and bake for another 5 minutes.


Sauce:

1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon mustard
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

  • Mix all of the ingredients together.


I served this with garlic mashed potatoes and corn!



Ashley