Beef Tacos

Sometimes I think every night should be a taco night! Beef Tacos are by far my favorite as well, they just remind me of my childhood and making tacos with my mom. I'd always help her cut up all the condiments for the tacos and things like that are something I miss most... helping out in the kitchen.

I decided to make homemade taco seasoning for these because it seemed like a good idea. I've come to realize that making spice mixes is way more fun then buying them pre-made.


Beef Tacos

1 lb ground beef
2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning {recipe below}
1/2 cup water

    • In a pan cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until thoroughly cook
    • Add the taco seasoning and water, and simmer until the liquid is almost completely gone. 

     



    Condiments:

    taco shells
    tomatoes, chopped
    onions, chopped
    cilantro, chopped
    jalapeno, chopped
    lettuce, chopped
    sour cream
    cheese




    Homemade Taco Seasoning
    Adapted from Annie Eats

    2 tablespoon chili powder
    1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
    1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
    1/2 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 1/2 teaspoon garlic {granulated}
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne
    1 teaspoon salt

    • Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix well to blend. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.


    I served this with mexican rice topped with cheese. Also, I think it's pretty obvious that I love cheese!


    Ashley

    Comments

    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts