Cream of Potato and Leek {Soup}

It's starting to feel like Fall here and that means soups galore! This is one of my favorite soups that my mom used to make. We're a family that loves our starches.



Cream of Potato and Leek

10 golden potatoes, medium dice
2 leeks, thoroughly cleaned and chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup parmesan
 salt, to taste



  • In a large pot combine potatoes, leeks, celery, garlic, chicken stock and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer, about 45 minutes until everything is tender. 
  • Once done, remove from the heat.
  • Using a blender, mix until there are no lumps.
  • Return the soup to the pot and turn to low heat.
  • Add the thyme, heavy cream and parmesan. Stir constantly until the soup is hot and the cheese has melted.


Luckily I had a leftover baguette from class that I froze. I just threw it in the oven until it crisped up. 

Enjoy!


Ashley

Comments

  1. Take that blog, first ever comment. I feel so special now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay back on topic. I love potato leek soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, overload! I'm glad it's working for you though. :D

    And I agree with your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts