Pesto Halibut

My first practical is at 6 a.m. tomorrow! I need to get there by 5:30 which means I need to leave the house at 5... so early. Thankfully, everything is scaled and ready to go and we practiced today. I took tons of notes on what to do so I think I'll be fine, but I'm still nervous. Maybe cooking this dinner will take my mind off of it. I also have a half loaf of freshly baked sourdough that "chef" made while we were making our practice recipes. It's so good! He also made artisan baguettes, they were an improved method but looked like short. That just means that the crumb had tons of large holes. He took some of those and cut them in half - length-wise and topped them with bacon, caramelized onions and blue cheese and baked them... all I can say is I'm going to miss the bakeshop when we our block is over. We have so much fun just experimenting.


Pesto Halibut

3-6 halibut fillets, deboned and skinned 
salt and pepper, for seasoning the fish
whole grain mustard
arugula pesto

  • Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
  • Brush the halibut with mustard and top with arugula pesto. Bake for 15 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
 

I served this with oven roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary {from the garden} and asparagus.


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts