This is such a great component for many things, you can use this cream to fill eclairs, or even make advanced creams. In a way, it's like a mother sauce... but for baking. Crème Anglaise is also very similar in this respect.
Recipe from Advanced Bread and Pastry
276 g whole milk
19 g cornstarch
68 g sugar
55 g egg yolks
33 g butter
2 g vanilla extract
- Make a slurry with a little bit of the milk and cornstarch.
- In a pot over high heat, combine the sugar and remaining milk and bring to a boil.
- While the milk-sugar mixture is cooking, mix the egg yolks into the slurry and strain through a chinois.
- Once the milk-sugar mixture is done, slowly pour it into the egg-slurry mixture and whisk quickly. Pour back into the pot and cook until it thickens, making sure to whisk rapidly.
- Once the mixture is done, pour into a bowl and place in an ice bath. Add in the butter and vanilla and whisk until cooled.
Post a Comment