Golden Raisin-Oatmeal Cookies

This weekend has been much more relaxing now that classes are almost finished. We had our ACF K-Comp on Friday and I'm surprised how well I did, I was way too nervous. On Saturday we went to the Tulip Festival, it was such a beautiful day and the flowers were gorgeous. And today I've just been relaxing and planning what I'm making for dinner this week.


I made these cookies for Tim because he loves oatmeal-raisin cookies. Since we already had some golden raisins in the pantry I decided to use them. I know that their color doesn't pop like a regular raisin, but they are my favorite! This is a very simple recipe and the cookies turn out very cake-like, which makes them more filling {I think of this as a good thing}.


Golden Raisin-Oatmeal Cookies

8 ounces butter, room temperature
5 ounces brown sugar
5 ounces sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
12 ounces all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
8 ounces oats
5 ounces golden raisins


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and mix with the whip attachment until light, about 8-10 minutes.
  • Add in the eggs, vanilla and vinegar and mix until combined. Once smooth, replace with the paddle attachment.
  • Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined.
  • Add in the oatmeal and gold raisins and mix just until combined.
  • Weigh each cookie so that they are the same size {I did 2.2 oz} and place on a baking sheet that has a silicone mat or parchment paper.
  • Bake for 12 minutes, rotating every 4 minutes. Make sure to lightly pat down the cookies 6 minutes into baking. Once finished, remove and let cook on a wire cooling rack.


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts