Tomato-Basil Cheese Toast

We have so many tomatoes right now. I'm staring at the basketful on my kitchen table as we speak. An oppurtunity to use fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden is one I'm fully okay with! 

This is one of those things I grew up eating, and absolutely love. It definitely makes me think of home.


Tomato-Basil Cheese Toast

bread, sliced
mozzarella cheese, shredded
monterey jack cheese, sliced
tomato, sliced
creole spice blend
basil, chiffonade

  • Preheat oven to broil. 
  • Put a piece of parchment or a silicone mat on a baking sheet. Place the bread on the baking sheet and add a layer of mozzarella, tomatoes and monterey jack cheese. Sprinkle with the creole spice blend.
  • Place in the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
  • Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the basil.


Enjoy!


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts