Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo

I received some great news on Monday, my older brother Jason and his girlfriend Shannon are getting married in December. Happily I will be attending even though we are really busy at the restaurant during the winter. I look forward to seeing my family and to enjoy a mini vacation during my hectic schedule.


On to this yummy pasta. I was looking for something really quick and simple. Other than roasting the peppers, which is still quite simple and quick, this took no time to make at all. It would also be great with other vegetables and chicken added.



Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo
Recipe from Closet Cooking 

1/2 lb pasta, cooked
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, grated
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 oz goat cheese
1/4 cup parmesan, grated
2 red bell peppers {roasted}, chopped
1/4 cup basil

salt and pepper, to taste


  • Melt the butter in pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
  • Add the cream, goat cheese, parmesan and roasted red peppers. Simmer until the cheese has melted.
  • Remove from the heat and add the basiland puree with a hand blender or in a blender {I used my BlendTec}.
  • Return to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Add in the pasta and mix thoroughly.
  • Serve with grated parmesan.



Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts