Pea Risotto


I haven't made risotto in quite a while! Mainly for the fact that I used to cook it while in my Culinary classes. I've been meaning to buy some arborio rice for so long and finally did yesterday. I also brought home some leftover scallops from work that we were getting rid of and thought that this pea-inspired risotto would be great with it flavor wise. Plus it gave me a reason to use the peas I had stashed in the freezer. Also, I plan to post about searing scallops, it's super easy!



The one nice thing about risotto is that you can make it however you please. Mine is a bit more dense. You can tell because I put it in a mold. If you prefer your risotto looser, just add more liquid.

 

Pea Risotto

1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 cup arborio rice
1/4 cup white wine
1 3/4 to 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 cup peas
1 tablespoon heavy cream 
1/2 cup parmesan, grated
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
1 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper, to taste




  • In a pot, add the butter, olive oil and onions and cook over medium-high heat. Add the garlic after the onions turn translucent.
  • Stir in the arborio and toast slightly. Add the white wine to help deglaze the pan.
  • Add in the stock and stir constantly, cooking for about 25-30 minutes until the rice is cooked.
  • Once the rice is cooked, take off of the heat and stir in the peas, heavy cream, parmesan, herbs and butter. Season with salt and pepper.




Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts