Cumin and Oregano Marinated Beef Kebabs

I've had such a hectic day. I went into work this morning at 11 and got off around 5. I rushed home to make this delicious dinner and now I'm off to see a musical called "All Shook Up" for my Theater class. I just hope I can stay awake through it all. And to boot, Timmy and I are going to Colorado this weekend. He convinced my boss to give me an entire Saturday off. But in all honesty, I work very hard and I think I deserve it!


Cumin and Oregano Marinated Beef Kebabs
Recipe Adapted from Gourmet Magazine

1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons oregano {dried or fresh}, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons cumin

1 tablespoon casabel pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces

4-6 wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes.

  • Stir together olive oil, oregano, garlic, cumin, pepper and salt, then toss with beef. Marinate and chill for at least 2 hours.
  • Prepare the grill to high heat.
  • Thread about 5-6 pieces of beef onto each skewer, leaving small spaces between pieces.
  • Oil grill rack and then grill beef. Put the top down and turn occasionally until browned but still pink inside, about 4-5 minutes. 



pita bread
lettuce
tomatoes, sliced
red onion, thinly sliced

  • Take a piece of pita bread and layer with the lettuce, steak, tomato, red onion and tzatziki sauce.



Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts