Creamy Caprese Pasta

I actually came across this recipe while I was on TasteSpotting back at the beginning of the year. I liked the idea of the grape tomatoes and knew that we would have plenty of them growing, so I've finally gotten around to making it. I also "pinned it" on Pinterest so I wouldn't forgot.


Creamy Caprese Pasta
Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is

1 lb pasta {tube}, cooked
1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
3/4 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
6 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
cooking spray
mozzarella, sliced


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Heat tomato sauce over low heat in a large pot. Once warm, stir in heavy cream and grated parmesan. 
  • Mix pasta in with the sauce, making sure to coat well, turn off the heat. 
  • Fold in the mozzarella cubes and tomatoes, add the basil and combine well. 
  • Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and pour the entire pasta mixture into the dish. Top with the extra mozzarella rounds.
  • Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.


Timmy made tea after dinner. One of the good things about tea is dipping things into it. I made a quick gingersnap and peanut butter cookie sandwich. Yum!


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts