Fish Fry

Timmy and I ventured to Colorado this weekend for his parents annual Fish Fry. It's time for the Alaska fishing trip for fresh salmon, halibut and lingcod {yum}! Sadly, I forgot to bring my camera with me so I didn't get any pictures of the event. 

Dianne prepared a beer batter for the halibut which was really good. She also smoked salmon on the smoker that Timmy and I bought for Rick for Father's Day two years ago. We put the salmon on crackers with cream cheese, sriracha, capers and fresh chives from her garden. All of the flavors off set the saltiness of the salmon. Of course there were spring rolls... that's just expected now. And I made some {spicy} sushi with some of the smoked salmon, as well as tuna and eel. Overall, it was a great time.

Their garden is doing really well this year. We are taking tons of zucchini, tomatoes, beans and peppers home to create delicious things with! As well as some canned pickled peppers and black stone cherry jelly {they have a tree in the front of their house that they pick these from}.

This was a nice trip before school starts on the 29th. I'm nervous and excited.


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts