The Sunflower Farmers Market and Garden Potato Salad

I woke up early this morning and started looking at recipes for the potato salad I'm making for dinner. But I realized that I was missing some ingredients. Instead of going to our regular grocery store, I decided to make a trip to the Sunflower Farmers Market. I've had never been there before but I've heard good things, plus the store is very close to my work and school. I pulled up and thought that perhaps they just sale fruits and vegetables, but it was so much more. When I walked in I got so excited to see all of the products that I almost forgot what I was in there for. Along with the vegetables and herbs I picked up, I also bought a wedge of 60% double cream brie and a baguette! I'm definitely going to make another visit as soon as I can. 

Onto the potato salad that I'm making, I've decided to go with a base of cottage cheese. I had a potato salad about a month ago when I was in Colorado. Timmy's parents were invited to a friends house for a BBQ on Memorial Day weekend and they let us tag along. The potato salad was memorable which is why I wanted to recreate it.


Garden Potato Salad

7 red potatoes, boiled whole and sliced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons parsley {fresh}, chopped

Dressing:

2 cups cottage cheese
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon pepper
cayenne pepper and parsley springs, for garnish


  • Clean off the potatoes and place in a pot with water, bring it to a boil and let them cook for about 25 minutes. Meanwhile chop the celery, bell pepper, green onions and parsley and put into a bowl. 
  • To make the dressing mix all of the ingredients together.
  • Once the potatoes are thoroughly cooked rinse them off and start slicing. Put them in the bowl with the other vegetables. Pour the dressing mixture over everything and mix together.
  • Sprinkle cayenne pepper over the top of the salad and place a couple of parsley springs in the middle.


This potato salad will go great with the hot dogs that I'm going to grill. I would use the new grill that we purchased over Father's Day but we still need to put down pavers in the backyard. Instead I'll be using the good old charcoal grill that we've had for a couple of years.


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts