Creamy Lemon Pesto Pasta with Shrimp and Garden Veggies


So now that I'm in school, keeping up with my cooking at home is going to one of those difficult tasks at times. I'll have to do a lot of stuff ahead of time so that I can still do school work in a timely manner. That's the most important thing to me... being a successful student!

I basically threw this together, many of the items were actually in the freezer. The arugula pesto, shrimp and compound butter {chives, red pepper flakes, garlic, lemon juice and zest}. I made the compound butter last year and have been going through it very slowly. I mostly use it when cooking shrimp, it reminds me of scampi.


Creamy Lemon Pesto Pasta with Shrimp and Garden Veggies

10 oz pasta, cooked
2 tablespoons compound butter
1 cup shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup zucchini, julienne
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cubed
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons arugula pesto
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

  • In a large pan on high heat, add the butter and melt. Add the shrimp and lemon juice and cook until the shrimp is pink.
  • Add in the zucchini and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Once they are tender, put into a separate bowl and set aside.
  • To the pan, add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the cream and pesto and cook until thickened. Season with salt. Add in the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese and stir until well coated.
 


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts