Tuna Pasta Salad

Oh what a long weekend it's been for me. I worked about 41 hours in 3 days! So glad I could make it a "Lazy Sunday", but not without making a great pasta salad recipe from my mom. She used to make this all the time when I lived at home. She didn't have a recipe to give me so I've gone through and made exact measurements.

 


Tuna Pasta Salad

2 cups of pasta, cooked
5 oz pouch of tuna
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup sweet peas
1/4 cup dressing {recipe below}





  • In a large bowl combine the pasta, celery, red pepper, cheese, onion and dressing and mix together.
  • Add in the tuna and peas and mix lightly.

Dressing:
 
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon dill
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic {granulated}
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

  • Combine all of the ingredients above and mix well.


I served this salad with some grilled spicy sausages that we bought on our trip to the store, we also got a great sweet hot pepper mustard to go with them. It was all very delicious!


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts