Jalapeno-Cheddar Cornbread

It's obvious I love food, I went to Culinary School, work in an amazing fine dining restaurant and blog about what I'm cooking anytime I get to. I've been using the same camera to photograph my food since I started this blog in 2011. It was a simple Nikon Coolpix S1 which I purchased in 2005. Now, I know that everyone around me uses DSLR's but I was just happy to have my compact little camera. This Christmas though, my fiance purchased me a Nikon D5100. I was completely thrilled! It take beautiful photographs, I'm excited to see all of the things I can do with it and this blog.


On to this delicious cornbread... I've made it before and loved it! It goes great with a bowl of chili or any other hearty soups or stews you might desire.

Jalapeno-Cheddar Cornbread
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder 
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups milk
3 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
2 sticks butter, melted, plus extra to grease the pan 
2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup chopped scallions
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped



  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until most of the lumps are dissolved.
  • Mix in 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar, scallions and jalapenos; allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
    Pour the batter into a
    greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Smooth the top, and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheddar and extra chopped scallions.
  • Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into large squares.



Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts