"Baked" Brownies

Under a week to go until I start my Fall semester classes. It's going to be a lot of work juggling work, classes and homework but I think I can do it. Hopefully I'll still be able to blog some yummy recipes every once in a while. I honestly love blogging about everything I cook, it's become a fun hobby.

I love baking, even if I don't do it that often at home. I currently work at a bakery making breads and desserts, such as cookies, cakes for our grilled desserts and stuff like that. I've been thinking about brownies lately though. One of the things I find important is that some form of coffee or espresso is incorporated into them. I think that it really helps compliment the chocolate. Also, I love dark chocolate so it's basically what I like to use in my baked goods when chocolate is involved. The original recipe didn't call for nuts of any kind, but I just can't help but want to add them. You can use hazelnuts, walnuts or even almonds {all best when toasted}.


"Baked" Brownies
Recipe adapted from Baked

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
3/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
5 ounces dark chocolate
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Butter an 8x8 inch baking pan and coat with flour.
  • In a medium bowl, sift together flour and cocoa powder; set aside.
  • In a large saucepan, combine butter and espresso powder. Heat on low and stir until butter has melted. Add chocolate, and stir constantly until mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in both sugars until combined. Let cool slightly.
  • Whisk the eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture and keep moving the batter around until combined and no longer grainy-looking. Add the flour mixture to batter and stir just until combined. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips
  • Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a just a few moist crumbs attached {28 to 30 minutes}. Let cool completely before serving.


Enjoy!


Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts