Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Parsley-Panko Crusted Halibut

Oh my! So I had a hilarious incident happen while making the parsley-panko mixture for this. All I can say is always tighten the lid on your spices... I dumped about 1 cup of cayenne into it. Thankfully, I could sift most of it out! Although, I'm sure the extra spice was a nice little surprise. I liked putting this meal together because it's kind of a quick healthy option. I paired it with steamed broccoli, I also thought about serving it with rice but because of my hectic schedule lately... I kept it simple.


Parsley-Panko Crusted Halibut

3-6 halibut fillets, deboned and skinned
salt and pepper, for seasoning the fish
1 cup panko
1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons blackened redfish seasoning
egg wash

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a bowl add the panko, asiago, parsley and seasonings, mix well.
  • Season the halibut with salt and pepper. Dip the halibut into the egg wash and then into the parsley-panko mixture.
  • Place the halibut onto the foil-lined baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes.



A great way to get your green vegetables so green is to add baking soda to them while cooking!



Ashley