Cuban Sandwiches

It's got to be sandwich week at home for us... we had veggie paninis on Monday and now these delicious cuban sandwiches. I haven't made cubans in quite a while so I figured I'd give them another try. We bought a very large pork tenderloin a couple of weeks ago so that's what I'm using for my mojo pork!

My awesome sausages!
On a side note, we made sausages in class today, mine had paprika, cayenne, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic and brown sugar. It was super fun and easy to make. I have a grinder at home for my KitchenAid, now I just need to purchase the sausage stuffer and get to work.

Cuban Sandwiches

1/2 lb pork tenderloin
mojo sauce {recipe below}

  • In a crock pot, put the pork tenderloin, fat side up and pour the mojo sauce over the top. Cook thoroughly until ready.
  • Remove the fat and shred, mixing into the sauce.


Mojo Sauce
Recipe adapted from Serious Eats

8 cloves garlic, peeled
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup key lime juice and lemon juice, mixed
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper, to taste


  • In a blender, add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
 

sandwich rolls
mayonnaise
yellow mustard
tangy dill pickles
black forest ham
shredded mojo pork
swiss cheese

  • On each sandwich roll, spread with mustard and put the pickles on. Layer with the ham, mojo pork and cheese.
  • Place on the grill and close the lid, they will take about 5-6 minutes. You can turn them if you want to make different grill marks. Once they are finished, let them sit for a minute and cut on a diagonal.



Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts