Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta

I mainly made this dish because I wanted to make some delicious fresh pasta! Although it was good, I think that the amount of lemon juice in the sauce overpowered everything else. I would definitely add less next time I made it... if I do again. I'm always finding new pasta recipes that I want to try.

I would also like to state that the pasta dough recipe I use is the best! If making fresh pasta is something you've thought about doing but think is difficult, it's really not. There is a major taste and texture difference between fresh and dried. Fresh pasta is tender and flavorful.


Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman

2 chicken breasts
lemon juice
honey
dijon mustard
salt

  • Marinate the chicken with the above ingredients for up to 24 hours. 
  • Once ready, grill {I used my George Foreman grill} the chickens until thoroughly cooked.


chicken breasts, grilled and sliced {recipe above}
1 lb fresh pasta, cooked {reserve 1-2 cups of the water}
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons white wine
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup half and half
1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons basil, chopped
1 roma tomato, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

  • Cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of hot pasta water when you drain. Set pasta aside in a colander.
  • In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic. Add the wine and lemon juice; whisk together. Pour in the cream and half-and-half. Add in the cheese and whisk until melted. 
  • Mix in the 2 tablespoons and the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
  • Add the pasta to the sauce and check the consistency, adding some of the hot pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed.
 




Ashley

Comments

Popular Posts